Skip to main content

True Blue Friends

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still alive and well and I still have faith that God is Working in Mysterious Ways, I just didn't have anything jump out at me to write.  Plus, as I've shared in my previous two posts, my neck/shoulder/arm had really been hurting me so any extra typing away at the computer was a no go!  I'm happy to report that I am much better now, almost back to normal...  or at least normal for me!

This past weekend I got to spend some quality time with two of my closest friends and again I was reminded that God Works in Mysterious Ways!  So here you go!

Last week, I had a birthday.  I'd like to say it was my 39th birthday, but that's stretching it quite a bit! 😏  To celebrate, over the weekend my two friends and I planned a "girls night".  We got together at my house, we ate a bunch of junk food, and we did a craft project.  I know, none of this sounds "mysterious", but what makes it so is that my two friends haven't celebrated their 39th birthday for the first time - let alone multiple times like I have!  They have kids still in elementary school while my "baby" is the only one of my kids left in school - and he's a junior in college!  When we talk about TV shows from their "childhood" I was probably watching them as a teenager - or worse yet - they are shows my kids watched when they were little... 😱

But none of that matters, not with these girls!

Proverbs 18:24 says "... a real friend sticks closer than a [sister]"   ( I paraphrased a bit 😁)

God did not bless me with a sister, just a pain-in-the-butt older brother - whom I love... most of the time!

But God blessed me with some friends that are like sisters to me:


Obviously, I'm the "older sister", but that's fine with me.  I've been able to share my "wisdom" with them, especially when it comes to parenting - "it's only a for a season - you'll get through it".   Plus, I get to spoil their kids and get practice for the day I'm a grandma.

However, this is not just a top down kind of relationship.  They give as much or even more than they get!  They are always there for me, like last year when I was sick and in the hospital.  They pray for me, encourage me, and make me a better person.

Who would have thought my closest friends - the ones I talk to all the time, the ones I hang out with - would be 10+ years younger than me!   I guess God did!  Because age doesn't matter when it comes to True Blue Friends.  You're only as old as you think you are - sometime it's me feeling young again and sometimes it's them feeling old! 😂  Either way, I'm glad God put them in my life!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog

I'm a little excited about trying my hand at blogging!  I'm currently enrolled in a freebie online class for Purdue Alumni through Purdue Global entitled "Living in a Social Media World".  I thought it could be helpful to my job at Abundant Life Community Church .  I'm on the second week and my current assignment is to write a blog. The topic of this blog is supposed to reflect what I listened to in some podcasts from my class discussion assignments .  I also made a podcast which I will NOT share.  (That is NOT my thing!)  My podcast was on a miraculous healing I experienced last year.  One podcast I listened to was on miracles the speaker saw in one year of his life.  Another was about how the speaker met her husband in an unusual way. All of these got me thinking,  "the Lord sure does move in mysterious ways..."  "God Works in Mysterious Ways" was supposed to be the title of my blog post, not the whole kit and caboodle .  But, I don't kno

Right Place Right Time

I am a klutz!  Just ask my parents, my husband, my children, etc.  We all know it.  My husband thinks I shouldn't do anything even remotely dangerous because I'll undoubtedly get hurt.  I wouldn't go that far, but at any given time I probably have a cut, scrape, or bruise from being clumsy.  This has been going on since I was little.  In fact, the year I turned four was quite a year for me.  My mother was even asked why I was trying to kill myself...  But I know -  God Works in Mysterious Ways  - and He is always looking out for me! In the summer that year, my family was at a party at a home of some friends that had a pool.  My parents, my brother and I were not swimming.  We didn't bring suits.  But I wanted to get in, I wanted to be around the other people in the pool.  So, I walked around the outside of this in-ground pool.  I remember having this weight thing on the end of a rope I was dunking in and out of the water.  And me, being the klutz that I am, fell in the

Invited for a Reason

This will be my first post that isn't part of my social media class.  It's all me! 😁 Enjoy... Over the weekend, my husband and I attended a wedding.  The bride is the daughter of some dear friends of ours.  In fact, 25 years ago this past month, Chad was the best man at their wedding and Steve was the best man at ours! The wedding was beautiful!  It was so much fun watching the bride and groom and all their friends have such a good time.  But during the ceremony and speeches, people kept saying how those in attendance played an important part in the bride and grooms lives and I would almost cringe.  I haven't seen the bride in person since she was a little girl and we'd never met the groom.  How could we have played an important part in their lives??  What were we even doing at the wedding?  Why were we invited? Over the past few days I've thought about this, and of course I remembered "God Works in Mysterious Ways" ... As I said, Chad and I have been fri