Skip to main content

Positively Purple

It's been a little while since I posted anything on my blog.  Partly because I've actually been busy at work so I didn't need something to do to kill time...  but mostly it's because sitting at the computer, typing or using my mouse, has been a pain in the neck - literally!  Or maybe the shoulder, or arm, or elbow...  wherever it rears it's head, it hurts! 😬

Thankfully, because God Moves in Mysterious Ways, I have something new to help my aches and pains - my new bed!!

Like I've mentioned before, we recently added on to our house and part of the addition is a new master suite.  Our old mattress was getting pretty rough to sleep on but we put off getting anything else so that we could get a new BIG bed when we had a new BIG room.

So, last year we went mattress/bed shopping.   The pretty part, the frame, was easy to pick out, the rest not so much!  We tried out lots of mattresses and a few adjustable bases and at Denver Mattress we laid on a Purple mattress.  It feels like part memory foam - part waterbed - part jello jiggler!  It's awesome!  So that's what we got, along with an adjustable base - and a pretty frame:

This bed is one of the very few places that I have been able to get comfortable and even be pain free for long stretches of time!  I spent most of the weekend on this bed - it was great!!

John 16:33 says:  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

God never said life would be perfect just because you trust in Him - but He did say He'd give us peace and help us out.  Whether it's through a miraculous healing, through medical science, or just through everyday things - like a super comfy bed 😌- God is there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog

I'm a little excited about trying my hand at blogging!  I'm currently enrolled in a freebie online class for Purdue Alumni through Purdue Global entitled "Living in a Social Media World".  I thought it could be helpful to my job at Abundant Life Community Church .  I'm on the second week and my current assignment is to write a blog. The topic of this blog is supposed to reflect what I listened to in some podcasts from my class discussion assignments .  I also made a podcast which I will NOT share.  (That is NOT my thing!)  My podcast was on a miraculous healing I experienced last year.  One podcast I listened to was on miracles the speaker saw in one year of his life.  Another was about how the speaker met her husband in an unusual way. All of these got me thinking,  "the Lord sure does move in mysterious ways..."  "God Works in Mysterious Ways" was supposed to be the title of my blog post, not the whole kit and caboodle .  But, I don't kno

Right Place Right Time

I am a klutz!  Just ask my parents, my husband, my children, etc.  We all know it.  My husband thinks I shouldn't do anything even remotely dangerous because I'll undoubtedly get hurt.  I wouldn't go that far, but at any given time I probably have a cut, scrape, or bruise from being clumsy.  This has been going on since I was little.  In fact, the year I turned four was quite a year for me.  My mother was even asked why I was trying to kill myself...  But I know -  God Works in Mysterious Ways  - and He is always looking out for me! In the summer that year, my family was at a party at a home of some friends that had a pool.  My parents, my brother and I were not swimming.  We didn't bring suits.  But I wanted to get in, I wanted to be around the other people in the pool.  So, I walked around the outside of this in-ground pool.  I remember having this weight thing on the end of a rope I was dunking in and out of the water.  And me, being the klutz that I am, fell in the

Invited for a Reason

This will be my first post that isn't part of my social media class.  It's all me! 😁 Enjoy... Over the weekend, my husband and I attended a wedding.  The bride is the daughter of some dear friends of ours.  In fact, 25 years ago this past month, Chad was the best man at their wedding and Steve was the best man at ours! The wedding was beautiful!  It was so much fun watching the bride and groom and all their friends have such a good time.  But during the ceremony and speeches, people kept saying how those in attendance played an important part in the bride and grooms lives and I would almost cringe.  I haven't seen the bride in person since she was a little girl and we'd never met the groom.  How could we have played an important part in their lives??  What were we even doing at the wedding?  Why were we invited? Over the past few days I've thought about this, and of course I remembered "God Works in Mysterious Ways" ... As I said, Chad and I have been fri