Skip to main content

It's Temporary

Today, I woke up to snow on the ground - in APRIL!  😱


I didn't take this picture.  It was too cold to go out and take pictures of my poor Lilly of the Valley!  But still, there is snow on my flowers in April!

Not early April either, late  April.  Some may say, "but you live in Indiana, that's not completely crazy..."   No, I live in Southern Indiana - on the Ohio River - just a few miles from "The South".  We should NOT have snow on the ground in late April! 😧

But then God showed me something, because, you know - God Works in Mysterious Ways!

As I was walking downstairs to fix my morning coffee, I heard the birds chirping - just like I have for a while now - chirping like they do every Spring.

Then as I was reading my Bible I read this:

He sends the snow like white wool;
    he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes.
17 
He hurls the hail like stones.
    Who can stand against his freezing cold?
18 
Then, at his command, it all melts.
    He sends his winds, and the ice thaws.
Psalm 147:16-18

And then I looked at my Weather Channel app and saw that by tomorrow evening the wind will be shifting to the South - which brings warmer temps. Yay!  Next Tuesday it's supposed to be in the 80s!

You see, the snow that is already melting is just temporary!  The birds knew that - they didn't freak out and head south because of the snow - they carried on like they do every Spring morning.  Everything in life is temporary just like this snow...

If you are in a dark place right now, remember, it's temporary!

I fought what we thought was fibromyalgia for 8 years, but it was only temporary!  (you can read about that HERE)

If you're sick, it's temporary!  If you're struggling financially, it's temporary!  If you're dealing with teething babies, terrible twos, or moody tweens & teens - it's only temporary!  Even if your trouble lasts your entire life, it's temporary!

The only thing that isn't temporary is your relationship with Christ.  So, if you don't know Jesus, you should get to know him today!  Because today is temporary, who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog

I'm a little excited about trying my hand at blogging!  I'm currently enrolled in a freebie online class for Purdue Alumni through Purdue Global entitled "Living in a Social Media World".  I thought it could be helpful to my job at Abundant Life Community Church .  I'm on the second week and my current assignment is to write a blog. The topic of this blog is supposed to reflect what I listened to in some podcasts from my class discussion assignments .  I also made a podcast which I will NOT share.  (That is NOT my thing!)  My podcast was on a miraculous healing I experienced last year.  One podcast I listened to was on miracles the speaker saw in one year of his life.  Another was about how the speaker met her husband in an unusual way. All of these got me thinking,  "the Lord sure does move in mysterious ways..."  "God Works in Mysterious Ways" was supposed to be the title of my blog post, not the whole kit and caboodle .  But, I don't kno

Right Place Right Time

I am a klutz!  Just ask my parents, my husband, my children, etc.  We all know it.  My husband thinks I shouldn't do anything even remotely dangerous because I'll undoubtedly get hurt.  I wouldn't go that far, but at any given time I probably have a cut, scrape, or bruise from being clumsy.  This has been going on since I was little.  In fact, the year I turned four was quite a year for me.  My mother was even asked why I was trying to kill myself...  But I know -  God Works in Mysterious Ways  - and He is always looking out for me! In the summer that year, my family was at a party at a home of some friends that had a pool.  My parents, my brother and I were not swimming.  We didn't bring suits.  But I wanted to get in, I wanted to be around the other people in the pool.  So, I walked around the outside of this in-ground pool.  I remember having this weight thing on the end of a rope I was dunking in and out of the water.  And me, being the klutz that I am, fell in the

Invited for a Reason

This will be my first post that isn't part of my social media class.  It's all me! 😁 Enjoy... Over the weekend, my husband and I attended a wedding.  The bride is the daughter of some dear friends of ours.  In fact, 25 years ago this past month, Chad was the best man at their wedding and Steve was the best man at ours! The wedding was beautiful!  It was so much fun watching the bride and groom and all their friends have such a good time.  But during the ceremony and speeches, people kept saying how those in attendance played an important part in the bride and grooms lives and I would almost cringe.  I haven't seen the bride in person since she was a little girl and we'd never met the groom.  How could we have played an important part in their lives??  What were we even doing at the wedding?  Why were we invited? Over the past few days I've thought about this, and of course I remembered "God Works in Mysterious Ways" ... As I said, Chad and I have been fri