Skip to main content

My First Blog

I'm a little excited about trying my hand at blogging!  I'm currently enrolled in a freebie online class for Purdue Alumni through Purdue Global entitled "Living in a Social Media World".  I thought it could be helpful to my job at Abundant Life Community Church.  I'm on the second week and my current assignment is to write a blog.

The topic of this blog is supposed to reflect what I listened to in some podcasts from my class discussion assignments.  I also made a podcast which I will NOT share.  (That is NOT my thing!)  My podcast was on a miraculous healing I experienced last year.  One podcast I listened to was on miracles the speaker saw in one year of his life.  Another was about how the speaker met her husband in an unusual way.

All of these got me thinking,  "the Lord sure does move in mysterious ways..." 

"God Works in Mysterious Ways" was supposed to be the title of my blog post, not the whole kit and caboodle.  But, I don't know what I'm doing, and just maybe, it's God moving in some way?  Anyways, I can roll with it!  As a woman of faith I can see God moving in every area of life so why not keep it as the name of my blog!

One of my favorite Bible verses is Romans 8:28

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

The good, the bad, the ugly, the weird, and the utterly ridiculous is all part of what God has planned for us.  It all weaves together for our good.  Just think about all the things that had to come together just right for you to be you...

My mom was born in Connecticut, at 10 years old she moved to Florida, then she just happened to come to Indiana for one year of college.  While she is at Manchester, she happens to become friends with the woman dating my uncle, who sets her up with my dad on a blind date at Purdue.  Over 50 years later and they are happily married with two children (one perfect 👼 and one rotten, hehehe 😆), a daughter-in-law, a son-in-law, 4 grandsons, 1 granddaughter, and one granddaughter-in-law.  So many lives affected and created because of God moving in mysterious ways!


Here is my dad and mom with my oldest son, Tyler, and his bride, Kimberly.  Yes, my daughter-in-law and I have the same name!  I told you, God moves in mysterious ways!

I love to think about all the ways that God has moved so that I am where I am today.  I know He is watching over me, He will never leave me nor forsake me.  He will continue to move in mysterious ways!

I'd love to hear your stories of the ways God has moved in mysterious ways in your life!

Comments

  1. I've never heard the story of your parents meeting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on your way! In proud of you, Kim. Very nice job on your first blog (of course I didnt expect any less knowing how good you are at most everything I've seen you try over the years) keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is an awesome 1st blog and I agree God works in mysterious ways. that always turns out to glorify him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I hope you continue to blog in the future. I couldn't agree more that God works in mysterious ways. What I enjoy about getting older is we see how the pieces of the puzzle come together. I look forward to reading more of your blogs Kim as well as your podcast.
    Best regards,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great title for the post and the blog, Kim! Your writing is natural, like we were chatting over a cup of chai tea. That is one of my favorite verses, too. I'll be following your blog.
    Nell Green

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Right Place Right Time

I am a klutz!  Just ask my parents, my husband, my children, etc.  We all know it.  My husband thinks I shouldn't do anything even remotely dangerous because I'll undoubtedly get hurt.  I wouldn't go that far, but at any given time I probably have a cut, scrape, or bruise from being clumsy.  This has been going on since I was little.  In fact, the year I turned four was quite a year for me.  My mother was even asked why I was trying to kill myself...  But I know -  God Works in Mysterious Ways  - and He is always looking out for me! In the summer that year, my family was at a party at a home of some friends that had a pool.  My parents, my brother and I were not swimming.  We didn't bring suits.  But I wanted to get in, I wanted to be around the other people in the pool.  So, I walked around the outside of this in-ground pool.  I remember having this weight thing on the end of a rope I was dunking in and out of the water.  And me, being the klutz that I am, fell in the

Invited for a Reason

This will be my first post that isn't part of my social media class.  It's all me! 😁 Enjoy... Over the weekend, my husband and I attended a wedding.  The bride is the daughter of some dear friends of ours.  In fact, 25 years ago this past month, Chad was the best man at their wedding and Steve was the best man at ours! The wedding was beautiful!  It was so much fun watching the bride and groom and all their friends have such a good time.  But during the ceremony and speeches, people kept saying how those in attendance played an important part in the bride and grooms lives and I would almost cringe.  I haven't seen the bride in person since she was a little girl and we'd never met the groom.  How could we have played an important part in their lives??  What were we even doing at the wedding?  Why were we invited? Over the past few days I've thought about this, and of course I remembered "God Works in Mysterious Ways" ... As I said, Chad and I have been fri