Skip to main content

Maytag Moment

Hello, everyone!  Thank you for all the positive feedback from my first post!  I'm going to try to keep them coming 😉

This week in my online social media class, we are supposed to make a video.  I pushed myself to do the podcast recording, but a video? Not gonna do it!  I've been in a few video announcements at church and I was not a fan.  So, instead of a video, I'll just write another blog post!

In the video, we are supposed to share a positive experience and a negative experience we've had with a company.  Wouldn't you know it, I had a negative turned positive - God working in mysterious ways - experience just last month.

I know they say appliances aren't made to last anymore, but for some reason they really don't last for my family!  We go through refrigerators, washers, and driers like they are disposable.  So, just last year we purchased another washer.

This time, we decided to purchase a Maytag, top loading, no agitator, large drum (so big my daughter almost falls in each time she does laundry!) washer.  It had been great.  No issues, clothes came out clean, nothing was destroyed in it, just great.  Or it was...

Around the middle of May we moved it into our new laundry room after our house addition was finished.  I had done several loads of laundry in it, then one day it was just DEAD!  The commercials all say, "Nothing runs like a Maytag" but on our Maytag nothing ran at all!  No warning, no sounds, no lights, nothing!  We searched the internet for things to try: we unplugged it, we pushed multiple buttons at the same time, we opened and closed the lid several times - NOTHING. 😞

We looked up when and where we purchased it to see if it was still covered by a warranty or if we had purchased the extended warranty.  We bought it May 1st, so it was over one year and no extended warranty either.  But, we had a suggestion to call Maytag/Whirlpool  and see if they would cover it.  Supposedly, with the Covid-19 shut downs, some companies were extending service warranties.

I was not hopeful, but I prayed that God would move Maytag to do something and I called them...

The woman I spoke to was very nice, but told me that my washer was no longer covered.  I didn't get upset when she asked if she could help me with anything else.  I'm pretty sure I just said, "no".  But I think my tone of voice must have said "Ugh!  You've got to be kidding me!  This really sucks!"  because then she said, "hold on, let me see if we can do anything."  She came back and told me that since it had been less than a month since the warranty expired, they would honor it!!

The "Maytag Man" came that week, replaced what was probably a very expensive computer board thingy, and didn't charge me a penny!

Here is a video of my laundry room and washer:


1 Chronicles 5:20 says:

"They cried out to God during the battle, and he answered their prayer because they trusted in him."

It wasn't really a "battle" but I did pray and I did trust God.  I don't know if Whirlpool/Maytag is always this great, but thanks to God that customer service rep heard my frustration and went above and beyond to help me.  So, I'll give thanks to both!! 😄

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Not Crazy, My Husband Had Me Tested!

Coming up this week is the anniversary of the fulfillment of a huge miracle in my life.  I'd planned to share my story this week for a while now but after Pastor Wes Traweek's message,  Awaken the King , yesterday at my church, I really feel like the timing is perfect. Background information – sometime around 2011 I was “labeled” with fibromyalgia.   I never really thought the diagnosis was right but the doctors couldn’t find anything else to explain my problems, so the label stuck.   The traditional fibromyalgia medicines didn’t really work for me, so my doctor and I came up with several meds to treat my symptoms.   I was functional but I didn’t feel great.   I was on 3 controlled substance medicines and I hated that, but what could I do?   I just lived with it…   Fast forward to 2019 – As I've shared before, my son was getting married, I was struggling with stamina, pain, and migraines, and I didn’t know how I was going to be able ...

My First Blog

I'm a little excited about trying my hand at blogging!  I'm currently enrolled in a freebie online class for Purdue Alumni through Purdue Global entitled "Living in a Social Media World".  I thought it could be helpful to my job at Abundant Life Community Church .  I'm on the second week and my current assignment is to write a blog. The topic of this blog is supposed to reflect what I listened to in some podcasts from my class discussion assignments .  I also made a podcast which I will NOT share.  (That is NOT my thing!)  My podcast was on a miraculous healing I experienced last year.  One podcast I listened to was on miracles the speaker saw in one year of his life.  Another was about how the speaker met her husband in an unusual way. All of these got me thinking,  "the Lord sure does move in mysterious ways..."  "God Works in Mysterious Ways" was supposed to be the title of my blog post, not the whole kit and caboodle .  But, I d...

Right Place Right Time

I am a klutz!  Just ask my parents, my husband, my children, etc.  We all know it.  My husband thinks I shouldn't do anything even remotely dangerous because I'll undoubtedly get hurt.  I wouldn't go that far, but at any given time I probably have a cut, scrape, or bruise from being clumsy.  This has been going on since I was little.  In fact, the year I turned four was quite a year for me.  My mother was even asked why I was trying to kill myself...  But I know -  God Works in Mysterious Ways  - and He is always looking out for me! In the summer that year, my family was at a party at a home of some friends that had a pool.  My parents, my brother and I were not swimming.  We didn't bring suits.  But I wanted to get in, I wanted to be around the other people in the pool.  So, I walked around the outside of this in-ground pool.  I remember having this weight thing on the end of a rope I was dunking in and out of t...